Friday, July 22

Feedback

One of my friends here said he wanted more humour on Broken Bulbs! And I thought to myself, "All right. I'll try and lighten things up a bit." Then, I had a bit of time to reflect and decided that I would just keep things as they are: not necessarily dour and miserable, for fear of strengthening people's impression of the Scots, but definitely not super chipper either. So we have Broken Bulbs in black and white, a non-smiling photo, and, today, an article by Christopher Lingle, economist, on China's fragile economy.

On a brighter note, another old British brand, Rover, gets another chance to build its former glory after the brand's current owners reached a deal.

Actually, Rover could do well since consumers don't usually care who's behind a brand.

Who owns Scotts porridge oats? (Pepsi/U.S.)

Who owns Jaguar? (Ford/U.S.)

Who owns French's mustard? (Reckitt Benckiser/U.K.)

Who owns PC-cillin? (Trend Micro/Taiwan)

Will Chinese or American consumers care that the Rover they are driving is actually owned by a Chinese firm?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home