Thursday, December 28

5-question Interview

Daniel Scocco, who writes the Innovation Zen blog, tagged me as part of "The 5-Question Interview" which is going around the blogosphere. As far as I know, the idea is to answer the following five questions and then "tag" five more people, who will do the same. You can change questions 1 to 4, but you must answer question 5 as it stands. Here are the questions:

1. What have you learned so far from your visitors?

Most of the people who comment here have blogs of their own and it never ceases to amaze me how much I can learn from these blogs. I mean, blogs allow you to read people's opinions on a topic that was posted today! Compare that to a book that was written in 2001! That said, I've also learned about some fantastic books that I never even knew existed.

2. If someone would offer to pay a course (or more) for you, what that course would be?

This is an awesome question. And a tough one to answer! I am going to say that I'd love to take a course on Photoshop, since being able to manipulate images is such a useful skill for designing presentations, making posters, flyers etc.

3. Are you satisfied with what you’ve achieved this year, in general?

Generally, I'm satisfied. I managed to finish a dissertation and got a distinction for my course at the university in Scotland. I would still like to get a job where I could apply more fully some of my ideas on innovation. Also, I wish world leaders would stop spending boatloads of money sending probes to Mars and divert those funds to medicine/food/education instead. I guess I should say that I'm grateful.

4. Did blogging change your life or your personality in any way?

Yes. It has made me more humble and, daft as it sounds, more responsible! There may be people out there who cannot afford to go to school, and if reading a bit about innovation on this blog can help them in any way, I'll keep on blogging. Blogging has given me the opportunity to learn from and engage with the many great people out there who are willing to share their knowledge.

5. If you had the opportunity to meet one person that you admire the most in the world, who that person would be?

At this moment in time, I'd like to meet Tyra Banks. I get the impression that she is a very genuine person even though her emotions get the better of her from time to time. I like that. I'd also like to meet Niall Ferguson, an economics historian.

I'm going to tag the following people and see what happens: Brent Edwards at Innovation Science, Francis Fukuyama, Binnur Al-Kazily,
Alex Bellinger at Small Biz Pod, and Dave at Daverothacker.com.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me 'it'. Got tagged by a couple of these over Christmas. If you get to meet Tyra Banks, can I come too ;)

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the 'tag'. It was a nice suprise :) Congratulations on completing your dissertation. Have a fabulous 2007!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Gordon Graham said...

Sorry, Alex, but no!!! Three's a crowd and all that!

Happy New Year to you, too, Binnur!

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice points Gordon, the Tyra Banks stuff quite surprised me also :)

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home